Custom 1/12 scale felted animals on a movable metal wire armature



My love for miniatures, animals and dolls has always been very strong. Drawing, sculpting and animation are also part of my passions. Since I am an eternal kid inside, I like to move and play with my miniatures which lead me to learn needle felting so that I can make movable scupltures on a metal armature. My sculptures can take many positions and are made from a mix of wool and silk. They are 1/12 scale and are made to fit in any dollhouse scene. I simply love to do custom sculptures of people's pets and am always looking forward to a new challenge. I also started to make ball jointed dolls which has been a passion of mine since I can remember. I am open for commissions, please contact me should you have any questions or comments.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Felted golden retriever dog portrait of Sandy

Hi all,
I just finished a commission for a gorgeous dog named Sandy. This time I wanted to push it further into details. This one is a bigger breed so why not give it a moveable jaw and a full set of teeth. I had a blast sweating over each tiny little tooth... It was a challenge but I loved it. Its little tongue is very delicate and is made with... Drumroll... Gel nail polish. Yes it can do wonders and not just on my nails. I have recently indulged in the world of manicure using Sensationail and I use it every chance I get. I used it to paint the inside of the mouth, the nose and the teeth. Being gel that cures under uv light, no waiting time! I find it gives a wet shine that really gives the impression of realism. Also as a bonus, it solidifies the teeth... Anyways... This sculpture is almost entirely done with alpaca fibers with a little wool and silk. It has glass eyes and can be gently posed like all my other creations.
Here she is:

My dog was very intrigued by miniature Sandy... Mostly weirded out.














































  And here is the real Sandy.




Thank you for looking :D
 See you next post!



























No comments:

Post a Comment